Paul Jarvis helps nice people learn how to determine enough.
Hi, I’m Paul Jarvis, author of Company of One. I’m a writer, designer, podcaster, online course teacher and software creator
in real life on the internet. I have more tattoos than you, and I’m ridiculously introverted. My goal is to help folks build better, not bigger, businesses.
Paul Jarvis is a designer who likes writing (or vice versa) and has worked for himself since the 90s. He wrote a book called Company of One (Jan 15, 2019), published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt and co-founded a privacy-focused analytics platform called Fathom Analytics.
His courses—Creative Class and Chimp Essentials—have been taken by more than 13,564 paying students. His writing has been talked about by everyone from Ashton Kutcher to Arianna Huffington. He’s worked with clients, such as Microsoft, Danielle LaPorte, Mercedes-Benz, Marie Forleo and Warner Music. His ideas and words have been featured in WIRED, Fast Company, Vice, USA Today and more. As a totally random aside, his photography has been seen on Greys Anatomy (the TV show).
Select recent press for Paul Jarvis:
- A Minimalist Approach to Business (video interview)
(The Matt D’Avella Show)
- Why Staying Small Is the Next Big Thing with Paul Jarvis
(Pat Flynn, Smart Passive Income)
- What’s that next dollar worth to you, and what are you giving up to get it?
(Khe Hy, Quartz at Work)
- Want To Keep Your Business Small? Paul Jarvis Is Your Man
(Elaine Pofeldt, Forbes)
- How minimalism can make your business more successful
(Elizabeth Matsangou, European CEO)
- Surviving This Summer on the Internet
(Jessi Hempel, WIRED)
- Paul Jarvis, Author Of ‘Company Of One,’ Teaches Creative Entrepreneurs That Small Is Beautiful
(Elaine Pofeldt, Forbes)
- Freelancers for life
(Ashley Renders, VICE)
- How to Create Engaging Newsletters
(Creative Cloud Team, Adobe)
- 7 Thought Leaders Every Freelancer Should Follow in 2017
(Shanelle Rucker, USAToday)
- Freelancers Give Advice On How To Screen Clients
(Susan Johnston Taylor, FastCompany)
Select published articles from Paul Jarvis:
- Why Growth Could Be the Worst Thing to Happen to Your Business
(published at Forbes)
- Selling in Email Happens Through Stories
(published at MailChimp)
- 4 Ways to Focus When Your Mind’s Not in the Mood
(published in NewsWeek)
- Here’s how to master your life in 19 difficult steps
(published on Business Insider)
- An Experienced Freelancer’s Guide to Finding Clients
(published on LifeHacker)
- The Key to Creating Great Work
(published on Fast Company)
- Amateurs Get Angry With Clients. Professionals Educate Them.
(published on Adobe’s 99u)
- Why You Should Start Your Side Project Already
(published on The Muse)
- How better customer service attracts and retains better clients
(published on HelpScout)