With a reputation as the designer whose vision and web design strategy is the prime catalyst for building multi-million dollar businesses, I’ve worked with Silicon Valley startups, pro sports athletes, Fortune 500 companies, best-selling authors and the world’s biggest entrepreneurs. My clients include Yahoo, Mercedes-Benz, Microsoft, The Highline in New York City, Danielle LaPorte, Marie Forleo and Kris Carr. You can see a longer client list here.
I write regularly for Inc., Fast Company, The Huffington Post, Forbes, Lifehacker, The Next Web, Smashing Magazine, Adobe’s 99u and many other publications. But really, I like writing for my newsletter the most.
I’ve toured North America in the band Mojave, independently published five books, and worked as a freelance web designer for 16+ years.
You can listen to my friend Jason SurfrApp and I on our weekly podcast, Invisible Office Hours. We dish on everything related to creativity and working for yourself.
I currently live in the woods on an island with my gorgeous wife, Lisa, and some little rat friends. And I’ve also got a few more tattoos than you do.
A few of my published articles:
- An Experienced Freelancer's Guide to Finding Clients
(published on LifeHacker)
- Why You Really Should Quit More Often
(published on Inc.)
- Be Rich as an Artist
(published on Huffington Post)
- Self-Publish Your Book Through Amazon
(published on Forbes)
- More Doing, Less Promoting: The Key to Creating Great Work
(published on Fast Company)
- Create A Self-Paced Email Course
(published on Smashing Magazine)
- Self-publishing battle royale: Amazon vs. indie sales platforms
(published on The Next Web)
- Amateurs Get Angry With Clients. Professionals Educate Them.
(published on Adobe's 99u)
- No More Excuses: Why You Should Start Your Side Project Already
(published on The Muse)